Upcoming NVIDIA Fundamentals of Accelerated Data Science with RAPIDS - August 25, 2021
CARC and NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute partner to offer free workshop
By Andrea Renney
The Center for Advanced Research Computing is partnering with the NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI) to offer a free Fundamentals of Accelerated Data Science with RAPIDS workshop on August 25, 2021 from 9:00 to 5:00 PM PST.
The NVIDIA DLI offers hands-on training for developers, data scientists, and researchers looking to solve challenging problems with deep learning and accelerated computing.
In this workshop, developers will learn how to build and execute end-to-end GPU-accelerated data science workflows that enable them to quickly explore, iterate, and get their work into production. Using the RAPIDS accelerated data science libraries, developers will apply a wide variety of GPU-accelerated machine learning algorithms, including XGBoost, cuGRAPH’s single-source shortest path, and cuML’s KNN, DBSCAN, and logistic regression to perform data analysis at scale.
Workshop details, learning objectives, and a sample workshop agenda can be found here.
- Create an NVIDIA developer account and complete the other preparatory steps.
- Experience with Python, ideally including pandas and NumPy.
- To gain experience with pandas, we suggest this pandas course on Kaggle.
- To gain experience with data science using Python, we suggest this machine learning course on Kaggle.
- To get experience accelerating data science workflows, we suggest the Accelerating Data Science Workflows with RAPIDS course with DLI.